[linux-elitists] defanging TCPA?

billy@damaged-world.net billy@damaged-world.net
Fri Feb 7 16:21:07 PST 2003

On Fri, Feb 07, 2003 at 03:03:47PM -0800, Don Marti wrote:
> The main point is that the "DRM boycott" (there has got to be
> a better name for this) is free to cooperators, and potentially

	How about the Open Machine and Media Initiative. After all,
	that's what it's about. This is *my* fucking machine, I paid for
	it lock stock and barrel, and *I* decided what fucking runs
	here.

> expensive for defectors.  That's why it can carry more weight than
> a simple petition.

	The best way to do this is to stop fucking with the governement,
	and start developing alternatives to asswipes like the RIAA and
	the MPAA.

	Get systems (not computer) in place to allow young (or new)
	artists to get *PAID* for pushing their work out in open
	formats. To get exposure. To get famous.

	Movies will be harder to achieve, but the primary battle is
	going to be over short, "inexpensive" media like music.

	Litterally think outside the box. Once you do what is in the box
	becomes irrelevant.

--
[rock] "is sung, played, and written for the most part by cretinous goons. By
means of its almost imbecilic reiteration it manages to be the martial music