[linux-elitists] defanging TCPA?

billy@damaged-world.net billy@damaged-world.net
Fri Feb 7 16:14:44 PST 2003

On Thu, Feb 06, 2003 at 06:53:47PM -0800, Don Marti wrote:
> "Actually, even if you could change our minds, you'd have us on
> the phone with tech support for a couple hours each to put our
> computers back the way they were.  And you can't afford that."

	This is, in fact, what will kill TCPA and Palladium.

	Not that people will be on the phones, but that they will be on
	the phones to Dell, to Compaq, to $bigVendor rather than to
	Microsoft. Well, the smarter ones will be on the phone to
	Microsoft, but then at least initially the smarter ones will run
	Linux or MacOS or the very last non-TCPA'd version of whatever
	they're happy with now.

--
Anyone who considers arithmetical methods of producing random digits
is, of course, in a state of sin.