[linux-elitists] Linux server start-up gets funding

Tom Duffy tomduffy@dslextreme.com
Fri Feb 7 07:46:17 PST 2003

On Thu, 2003-02-06 at 10:50, Roland Krause wrote:
> http://www.siliconvalley.com/mld/siliconvalley/news/5107216.htm
>
> So let me guess.
>

> Three Ex-SUN engineers.
> Linux, 64 bit, not Intel, low cost hardware...
>
> ...that leaves AMD.

More likely MIPS.  Still the cheapest chip around for $/compute.  You
are not stuck with just one chip vendor.  And fully 64 bit.  I can't
imagine they would hedge their company on the success of *hammer --
especially since AMD just announced yet another delay.  But I guess it
is all just speculation until they announce for real.

--
"[ SUV drivers are ] insecure and vain. They are frequently nervous
about their marriages and uncomfortable about parenthood. They often