[linux-elitists] defanging TCPA?

Don Marti dmarti@zgp.org
Thu Feb 6 18:53:47 PST 2003

begin Seth David Schoen quotation of Thu, Feb 06, 2003 at 06:12:51PM -0800:

> The particular effect on the applications' functionality is that they
> become unable to receive and/or unable to display certain third-party
> information.  Don, isn't that the outcome you were anticipating?

Yes.

"We, the undersigned, refuse to give up control of our computers
to a DRM system."

"Yeah, well, you talk big now, but if that's the only way to get
'Battlefield Earth II', you'll accept DRM."

"Actually, even if you could change our minds, you'd have us on
the phone with tech support for a couple hours each to put our
computers back the way they were.  And you can't afford that."

--
Don Marti                  Even if we don't get DMCA reform, loudly
http://zgp.org/~dmarti     demanding DMCA reform is going to get the