[linux-elitists] defanging TCPA?

Don Marti dmarti@zgp.org
Thu Feb 6 17:51:34 PST 2003

begin Jay Sulzberger quotation of Thu, Feb 06, 2003 at 07:54:27PM -0500:

> I think your "tweaks" proposal depends upon the explicit assumptions you
> make, and also a few others, and I believe that the whole class of attacks
> fails, for several reasons.  I hope to have a short piece out soon which
> explains what Palladium does.

I'm not considering Palladium here, just TCPA.

> It is possible I have not grasped the plan of attack of your proposed
> anti-DRM tactic.

The idea is to spread sufficient kernel diversity that it's
impractical for anyone to perpetrate any DRM scheme that depends
on knowing the exact content of someone else's computer's kernel.

--
Don Marti                  Even if we don't get DMCA reform, loudly
http://zgp.org/~dmarti     demanding DMCA reform is going to get the