[linux-elitists] defanging TCPA?

Shawn McMahon smcmahon@eiv.com
Thu Feb 6 05:55:33 PST 2003

On Thu, Feb 06, 2003 at 07:45:49AM -0600, Phil Hughes said:

> something that headed in the right direction. That is, it works just
> like a refrigerator but rather than having to think to do an upgrade,
> all you do is toss in a new CD and turn it on.

One more touch; make the CDs expire.  After some period of time (6
months?  A year?) your old boot CD just says "this CD has expired.
Please insert the latest edition, available for free at Best Buy,
Circuit City, CompUSA, most computer retailers, the Post Office,
Borders, Barnes & Noble, Books-a-Million, Joe's Crab Shack, Michael's,
Pizza Hut, Pep Boys, or by calling 1-800-I-CANT-BOOT".

--
Shawn McMahon         | Every time you walk out of the house
FedEx Services        | with clothes on, you give up freedom