[linux-elitists] sparc tftp boot image?

Tom Duffy tomduffy@dslextreme.com
Wed Feb 5 13:47:15 PST 2003

On Wed, 2003-02-05 at 12:12, Shawn McMahon wrote:
> Anybody got a tftp-bootable image that will let me get a shell prompt on
> my stupid Sparc (4M architecture) so I can figure out why Debian can't
> install SILO?

Just netboot the debian tftpboot.img from the installer and go down to
the bottom of the first installer screen where you can get a shell
prompt.  mount and chroot to your root disk and you should be able to
run silo -f to force it to load the boot sector.

If you want a kernel that you can mount your root disk, just take a
vmlinux and run elf2aout on it...that can be tftpboot'ed.  But, if you
don't have a sparc machine to build a vmlinux, I guess I can toss one
your way...

-tduffy
--
"[ SUV drivers are ] insecure and vain. They are frequently nervous
about their marriages and uncomfortable about parenthood. They often