[linux-elitists] GNOME > you

Jeff Waugh jdub@perkypants.org
Sat Dec 27 19:10:56 PST 2003

<quote who="Nick Moffitt">

> I'd still like some facility to run generic applications from a key-chord.
> Also, for all I know 2.4 has it.

Dave Barry confirmed it too; 2.4 does have it. It's hidden away in GConf,
but it shouldn't be. I don't think this will be fixed for 2.6 unfortunately
either, but it is there. Under /apps/metacity/keybinding_commands.

> I'd submit it as a request, but bugzilla is so hostile to third-party
> submissions that I can't be arsed.

Aww, you hate that so much. ;) Trick: Use bug-buddy instead. It uses the
email interface, and you don't need an account. You won't be added to the
bug conversation stuff later, but at least you get it into the system.

- Jeff

                           Wars end, love lasts.