[linux-elitists] GNOME > you

Nick Moffitt nick@zork.net
Sat Dec 27 18:18:04 PST 2003

begin  Don Marti Lives Three Hours from Nowhere  quotation:
> I basically agree with Nick, and I tended not to pay much attention
> to "GNOME 2 broke my favorite GNOME feature" stories.  Metacity
> works fine without messing around with keybindings too much, and
> everything is plenty fast.  I deviate a little less from the default
> GNOME way every time I set up a desktop machine.

	I'd still like some facility to run generic applications from
a key-chord.  I'd submit it as a request, but bugzilla is so hostile
to third-party submissions that I can't be arsed.  Also, for all I
know 2.4 has it.

> Even though GNOME 2 actually did break my favorite GMOME feature.

	I just use Ctrl-Shift-T to do that.  Works great, but you
can't script with it.

	-- Lewis Mumford

end