[linux-elitists] MSFT Survey -- Fwd: [frankwilliams291@hotmail.com: Survey]

Nathan Poznick kraken@drunkmonkey.org
Sun Dec 21 00:30:17 PST 2003

Thus spake Rick Moen:
> I was reminded of Microsoft's clustering software for NT 4.0 Enterprise,
> back in 1997.  They promoted the notion of it being labelled "Wolfpack",
> but the wags immediately tagged it as Chihuahaupack.

They're still at it, trying to convince people that clusters of Windows
machines make more sense than any other solution.  When I stopped by
their booth to scan my card for an X-Box drawing (I've always wanted to
try running a MythTV frontend on an X-Box, but have always been held
back by the fact that I don't wish to actually *buy* an X-Box), the
marketing lady handed me a cardboard case with 4 CDs in it (which I
believe to be <http://www.microsoft.com/windows2000/hpc/toolkit.asp> ),
along with a Microsoft Rubik's cube.

--
Nathan Poznick <kraken@drunkmonkey.org>

The world hates change, yet it is the only thing that has brought
progress. - Charles F. Kettering