[linux-elitists] MSFT Survey -- Fwd: [frankwilliams291@hotmail.com: Survey]

Nathan Poznick kraken@drunkmonkey.org
Sat Dec 20 23:30:20 PST 2003

Thus spake Rick Moen:

<snip>
> 14. If you are running a Linux cluster, how many nodes are there?
>       1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   no cluster

Was that actually how the question was presented, or was something lost
in translation?  I'm amused that Microsoft would inquire about Linux
clusters, and then top out the size at 8... especially since they had a
presence at SC2003.  In fact, the 'official' badge lanyards were
bright blue emblazoned with 'Microsoft' in white lettering.  I found
those to be slightly in distinguishing the real Linux cluster geeks
from the rest of the pack.

--
Nathan Poznick <kraken@drunkmonkey.org>

Ambition is so powerful a passion in the human breast, that however
high we reach we are never satisfied. -Niccoli Machiavelli