[linux-elitists] Fwd: [vox] Microsoft interested in our feelings

Jim Richardson warlock@eskimo.com
Sat Dec 20 15:36:34 PST 2003

On Sun, Dec 21, 2003 at 09:35:41AM +1100, Tim Potter wrote:
>On Fri, Dec 19, 2003 at 01:04:38PM -0800, Karsten M. Self wrote:
>
>> A Microsoft networking division manager has been contacting LUGs
>> (including LUGoD) regarding what appear to be focus groups concerning
>> "where you'd like to see Microsoft in five years".  -6' comes to
>> mind....
>
>Why not do some of this kind of work for GNOME/KDE/Samba/$OTHER_OSS_PROJECT
>instead?  This "I'm from Microsoft and I'm here to help" pattern is
>kind of lame.
>
>Hands up who really thinks Microsoft is really interested in being
>warm and fuzzy focus group can't we all get along let's be friends?

The Fella in question, came to a GSLUG (greater seattle linux users
group) a couple of months ago, he was quite polite, and later Brian
Hatch forwarded his request to the GSLUG mailing list, he got several
replies, including a rather lengthy one from me. Most of them, were
pretty polite, although none of them were exactly overflowing with love
for Microsoft. But he never replied to a single one that I can tell,
which frankly, I found a bit rude. Sort of expected from Microsoft
though, all take, no give.

It's psychosomatic. You need a lobotomy. I'll get a saw.
		  -- Calvin