[linux-elitists] Fwd: [vox] Microsoft interested in our feelings

Tim Potter tpot@samba.org
Sat Dec 20 14:35:41 PST 2003

On Fri, Dec 19, 2003 at 01:04:38PM -0800, Karsten M. Self wrote:

> A Microsoft networking division manager has been contacting LUGs
> (including LUGoD) regarding what appear to be focus groups concerning
> "where you'd like to see Microsoft in five years".  -6' comes to
> mind....

Why not do some of this kind of work for GNOME/KDE/Samba/$OTHER_OSS_PROJECT
instead?  This "I'm from Microsoft and I'm here to help" pattern is
kind of lame.

Hands up who really thinks Microsoft is really interested in being
warm and fuzzy focus group can't we all get along let's be friends?

Tim.