[linux-elitists] Fwd: [vox] Microsoft interested in our feelings

Don Marti dmarti@zgp.org
Fri Dec 19 13:40:07 PST 2003

begin Rick Moen quotation of Fri, Dec 19, 2003 at 01:26:25PM -0800:
> Quoting Karsten Self (kmself@ix.netcom.com):
>
> > A Microsoft networking division manager has been contacting LUGs
> > (including LUGoD) regarding what appear to be focus groups concerning
> > "where you'd like to see Microsoft in five years".  -6' comes to
> > mind....
>
> I received one of those requests from Surkan, the other day, in my
> capacity as a LUG listadmin.
>
> He got major points from me for being considerate and pleasant, so I
> hasten to help him out:  I told him his post would be quite welcome, but
> that the list was subscriber-only, so he'd want to join before posting,
> and that he was welcome to either stick around afterwards or not, at his
> option.  He hasn't posted, so I don't know particulars of his project,
> yet.

I told him to read

If they can take care of that one as a TCPA member, then maybe
people will give him some more to work on.

Oh, and I told him that discusssions of non-Linux OSs are off
topic on the SVLUG list.  There's enough OT noise when you
tolerate non-free MUAs anyway.

--
Don Marti
http://zgp.org/~dmarti                      Learn Linux and free software