[linux-elitists] 32 essential computer books?

Adam Sampson azz@us-lot.org
Thu Dec 18 17:34:40 PST 2003

Michael Bacarella <mbac@netgraft.com> writes:

> Advanced Programming in the UNIX Environment
>     by W. Richard Stevens

Let me second that one. I've got quite a lot of computing books, and
this is the only one that gets regular use and unconditional
recommendation to other people who're even thinking of doing
development on Unix-like systems.

I'd possibly consider throwing in a copy of a recent edition of "The
Art Of Electronics" too; it's an excellent reference on most
areas of electronic design, and includes a decent section on using
microprocessors.

--
Adam Sampson <azz@us-lot.org>                        <http://offog.org/>