[linux-elitists] 32 essential computer books?

Karsten M. Self kmself@ix.netcom.com
Thu Dec 18 13:50:34 PST 2003

on Thu, Dec 18, 2003 at 11:32:57AM -0800, Nick Moffitt (nick@zork.net) wrote:
> begin  Ben Woodard  quotation:
> > My suggestion is you need to add O'Reilly's Unix Power Tools to the
> > list. Even if you think you know Unix or Linux well. You will learn a
> > bunch from this book.
>
> 	Ooh!  Seconded emphatically!  That's the best book for waiting
> rooms, bus and subway trips, and bathroom breaks.  I think I learned
> shell programming one page at a time by randomly flipping through that
> book while procrastinating on term papers.

Thirded.

LPT and _UNIX in a Nutshell_ were the two texts that pushed me "over the
hump" with Unix.  Add _Linux in a Nutshell_ and _Running Linux_ for my
introduction to GNU/Linux.

Peace.

  Backgrounder on the Caldera/SCO vs. IBM and Linux dispute.
      http://sco.iwethey.org/