[linux-elitists] 32 essential computer books?

Derek Vadala derek@cynicism.com
Thu Dec 18 11:53:36 PST 2003

> On Wed, Dec 17, 2003 at 06:12:28PM -0800, Don Marti wrote:
> So what would be the top 32 books to send them?

Cheswick, Bellovin & Rubin. Firewalls and Internet Security: Repelling the
Wily Hacker.

Figured I would offer this up as security hasn't really been mentioned
(save Applied Cryptography). There are definitely texts that are great,
and more subject specific. But, I always thought of this one as the a
good, solid introduction.

There's a new edition, which adds Rubin as a co-author. I'm only famiilar
with the 1st edition.