[linux-elitists] 32 essential computer books?

Jim Thompson jim@netgate.com
Thu Dec 18 10:02:30 PST 2003

Tanner Lovelace writes:
> Don Marti wrote:
> > Well, I just looked at the shelf by my desk and 32 books fit
> > on it.  Strangely enough, I also found out a way to send books
> > to the Linux User Group of Iraq, which needs books for its
> > library, at the US book rate.
> >
> > So what would be the top 32 books to send them?

The Art of Computer Programming, Volumes 1-3, Donald Knuth.

The Mythical Man-Month, Fred Brooks

Programming Pearls, Jon Bentley

plus several already mentioned:

    The Little Schemer - 4th Edition, Daniel Friedman & Matthias Felleisen
     (used to be the Little Lisper)

    Structure and Interpretation of Computer Programs (Abelson & Sussman)

    K&R

--
"Speed, it seems to me, provides the one genuinely modern pleasure."
			-- Aldous Huxley (1894 - 1963)