[linux-elitists] 32 essential computer books?

Ben Finney ben@benfinney.id.au
Wed Dec 17 19:22:21 PST 2003

On 17-Dec-2003, Nick Moffitt wrote:
> Hofstadter, Douglas, "Gödel, Escher, Bach: an Eternal Golden Braid".
> 	BEST HACKER BOOK EVER WRITTEN

Gad, yes.  I'd forgotten the "other" bookcase :-)

Pirsig, "Zen And The Art Of Motorcycle Maintenance", Vintage.
    I suppose I'd better recommend this before anyone else does.  Or is
    this one not fashionable any more?

Oh, to heck with it:

Ritsema and Karcher, "I Ching", Element Press.
    Complete word-for-word translation of the original (surviving)
    texts and later analyses, with comprehensive commentary.

--
 \       "I bet one legend that keeps recurring throughout history, in |
  `\           every culture, is the story of Popeye."  -- Jack Handey |