[linux-elitists] 32 essential computer books?

Jonathan Corbet corbet-elite@lwn.net
Wed Dec 17 19:15:50 PST 2003

> So what would be the top 32 books to send them?

My first level cache for books - the ones I can reach without even moving
my chair - includes:

	- Python Essential Reference - Ascher
	- Understanding the Linux Kernel - Bovet and Cesati
	- Linux Administration - Nemeth et al
	- HTML the Definitive Guide - Musciano and Kennedy
	- DocBook - Walsh and Muellner
	- Linux Device Drivers 2 - Rubini and some other bozo

But if there's one thing I'd add to the lists that have gone around so far,
it is:

	- The Visual Display of Quantitative Information - Tufte

Also throw in a copy of "Snow Crash" for the hell of it.

jon