[linux-elitists] 32 essential computer books?
Wed Dec 17 19:15:50 PST 2003
> So what would be the top 32 books to send them?
My first level cache for books - the ones I can reach without even moving
my chair - includes:
- Python Essential Reference - Ascher
- Understanding the Linux Kernel - Bovet and Cesati
- Linux Administration - Nemeth et al
- HTML the Definitive Guide - Musciano and Kennedy
- DocBook - Walsh and Muellner
- Linux Device Drivers 2 - Rubini and some other bozo
But if there's one thing I'd add to the lists that have gone around so far,
- The Visual Display of Quantitative Information - Tufte
Also throw in a copy of "Snow Crash" for the hell of it.
More information about the linux-elitists