[linux-elitists] 32 essential computer books?

Don Marti dmarti@zgp.org
Wed Dec 17 18:12:28 PST 2003

Well, I just looked at the shelf by my desk and 32 books fit
on it.  Strangely enough, I also found out a way to send books
to the Linux User Group of Iraq, which needs books for its
library, at the US book rate.

So what would be the top 32 books to send them?

Abelson, Sussman, and Sussman: Structure and Interpretation
of Computer Programs

Kernighan and Pike, The Practice of Programming

Kernighan and Ritchie, The C Programming Language

Nemeth et al., Linux Administration Handbook

Schneier, Applied Cryptography

Stein, How to Set Up and Maintain a World Wide Web Site
  (This one, and Navarro and Khan, Effective Web Design, are
   good but unfortunatly not up to date with today's standard
   HTML and web app environments.
   But you have to be able to do the web well to
   communicate -- what's the web book of choice?)

Wall et al., Programming Perl

--
Don Marti
http://zgp.org/~dmarti                      Learn Linux and free software