[linux-elitists] QST de KG6INA

Don Marti dmarti@zgp.org
Sun Dec 14 09:02:18 PST 2003

begin Jason Spence quotation of Sun, Dec 14, 2003 at 12:45:47AM -0800:

> On Sat, Dec 13, 2003 at 03:31:40PM -0800, Don Marti wrote:
> > This is good news, but now what am I going to use for an example
> > of why a government "choice" of proprietary software can turn
> > into a into a proprietary software mandate for people who must
> > communicate with the government?
>
> *cough*Word Documents and PDFs*cough*

Both of those can be created with Free Software, though.

Do you have an example of a government agency that is known
to refuse HTML renamed to end in .doc, or an export from
OpenOffice?  Or a government site that uses some Microsoft
Word features that are not readable from Free Software?

--
Don Marti
http://zgp.org/~dmarti                      Learn Linux and free software