[linux-elitists] Social Software for Weddings

D. Joe Anderson deejoe@raccoon.com
Sat Dec 13 13:00:24 PST 2003

On Sat, Dec 13, 2003 at 02:16:21PM -0500, Adam Kessel wrote:

> Thanks for the tips.  Just to clarify my request: I am certainly willing
> to do lots of customization, even develop additional modules/write new
> code, etc., I just would rather find a way to avoid re-creating the
> fundamentals of content management like tracking users, database
> interaction/error checking, that kind of thing. It would be nice if it
> didn't have gaping security holes as well.

For some reason, your request for recommendations reminded me of
this request for recommendations:

Wanted: Web Discussion Board Software That Doesn't Suck (and groks RSS)

http://jeremy.zawodny.com/blog/archives/001065.html

His enummerated feature set and yours don't look the same, but
perhaps you'll find something there of use.

--Joe