[linux-elitists] Monday 15 Dec: first all-Open Source System-on-Chip

Greg Folkert greg@gregfolkert.net
Thu Dec 11 13:10:25 PST 2003

On Thu, 2003-12-11 at 15:45, Seth David Schoen wrote:
> D. Joe Anderson writes:
>
> > w00t!  Here's a good start to the the back-up plan if
> > TCPA/Longhorn/Palladium/"Fritz-chips"* get out of hand.
> >
> > First there was Free Software.  Now there is Free Hardware.
> >
> > --Joe
> >
> > *http://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/~rja14/tcpa-faq.html

<---snip--->
> and whether or not they can prove it_ compared to the status quo in
> which nobody can prove it.
>
> Having and using non-TC hardware _WILL NOT PROTECT YOU_ from being
> punished by various entities for not using TC hardware.

As I paraphrase a bright light:

"Corporate big cheeses are saying the F word."

So F them. F them into oblivion. Give them the F Fries, the F Finger and
best of all... F Software and Hardware. We shall not be pinned into
using TC hardware/software that we do not trust ourselves.

I just love saying the F word too... Thanks Don for the F to say it.
--
greg@gregfolkert.net