[linux-elitists] Monday 15 Dec: first all-Open Source System-on-Chip

Don Marti dmarti@zgp.org
Thu Dec 11 12:39:08 PST 2003

begin Mr. Bad quotation of Thu, Dec 11, 2003 at 03:01:20PM -0500:

>     DM> Why: Open Source hardware designs are bringing new cost
>     DM> savings and freedom to the semiconductor industry
>
> Wow. That's so cool.

You know what else is cool?

Corporate big cheeses are saying the F word.

"The Linux industry is rapidly accelerating with the promise
to give customers lower computing costs with greater freedom
                                                     ^^^^^^^
and control," said Chris Stone, Novell vice chairman - Office
of the CEO.

http://www.osdl.org/newsroom/press_releases/2003/2003_12_09_beaverton.html

Talking about freedom does not "scare away the suits".
Freedom is good for everyone.

When we came up with the name "Freedom Technology Center"
the person who seemed the most enthusiastic about it was a
big-time PR person for a well-known company that supports both
Linux and legacy non-Free OSs.

So if you love Freedom, and I know you do, say you love Freedom!
Don't be ashamed of it!  And see you at the Freedom Technology
Center Monday night.

--
Don Marti
http://zgp.org/~dmarti                      Learn Linux and free software