[linux-elitists] Humor

Ben Woodard woodard@redhat.com
Thu Dec 11 10:49:10 PST 2003

On Thu, 2003-12-11 at 01:15, Seth David Schoen wrote:
> ----- Forwarded message from Seth David Schoen <schoen@eff.org> -----
>
> Free Jon Johanson!
>
> http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/asia-pacific/3306443.stm

I saw that and thought the same thing. Though, I have to agree with both
the Americans and the New Zealand officials. That guy didn't plan well.
He had no plan to deal with something as routine as unforcast headwinds.
Dumb!

Ben's little silly rules for life:

Live life like a gopher - Always make sure that you a couple of other
ways out. If you can't immediately switch to a good plan B what are the
hell are you doing there.

Live life like a surfer. - Always stay ahead of the wave and it will
push you along. No matter how hard you paddle, once the wave has passed
you can never catch up to it. It is better to just wait for the next
wave.

Live life like someone who has terminal cancer - You don't know what
will happen tomorrow you may get hit by a bus. Make sure you are happy
with how things would be if that were the case. Especially, don't put
your hearts desire off to the future.