[linux-elitists] SCO 8K

Don Marti dmarti@zgp.org
Tue Dec 9 18:45:44 PST 2003

begin Mr. Bad quotation of Sat, Oct 18, 2003 at 10:25:47AM -0400:

>     JC> Anybody have any idea why the Royal Bank of Canada
>     JC> would pump $30 million into SCO?
>
> Canadians hate freedom.

Canadians apparently hate risk.

http://www.globetechnology.com/servlet/story/RTGAM.20031209.gtscodec9/BNStory/Technology/

They're hedging "an economic exposure resulting from client
transactions."  Does that mean "We're heavily invested in Linux
so we want to balance a possible future SCO license bill with
a SCO profit windfall"?

Maybe they have another $50 million invested in Porcine Aviation
LLC just in case.

I'm still wondering about the $1.6 million in Exhibit 99.2 here:

http://cald.client.shareholder.com/EdgarDetail.cfm?CompanyID=CALD&CIK=1102542&FID=1104659-03-28046&SID=03-00

The obvious explanation is that it's the commission on $8
million in non-Sun, non-IBM SCOsource revenue.

--
Don Marti
http://zgp.org/~dmarti                      Learn Linux and free software