[linux-elitists] [silk] a copy of windows costs $42725 in india (fwd from rishab@dxm.org)

Mister Bad mr.bad@pigdog.org
Sun Dec 7 12:22:24 PST 2003

    Me> I've always suspected that this "We need proprietary software
    Me> to protect our profits" line was a little disingenuous. It's
    Me> all just a ruse! They don't care about the money at all!
    Me> They're just in this to TAKE OUR FREEDOM -- the billions of
    Me> dollars in revenue is just a cover.

    MH> Hoho.  That's not what I'm saying at all.

I know. I was extrapolating for comic effect.

I like the idea of a radical junta bent on destroying freedom,
though. It could be fun to argue against: "How can anyone make money
from proprietary software, anyways? Isn't this whole 'proprietary
software' thing just a front for your radical anti-freedom beliefs?"

~Mr. Bad