URL (was: Re: [linux-elitists] Confirmed: SCO teleconference Tues Nov 18 12:30 MST)

Jonathan Corbet corbet-elite@lwn.net
Fri Dec 5 11:42:41 PST 2003

> Don sez:
>
> The delay is probably more "our lawyers can't
> figure out how to sue a Linux customer in a way that won't get
> them debarred"

The word is that Boies and company didn't bother to show up at today's
motion to compel hearing (where, it seems, SCO got reamed) leaving the
company to be represented by that well known legal figure: Darl McBride's
brother.  Initial reports say the company now has 30 days to lay out its
case while having its own discovery fishing license suspended.

I find this to be another one of those "I'm missing something" moments,
this is a little too weird.

jon