[linux-elitists] Experiment in Magazine Meta-Moderation

Don Marti dmarti@zgp.org
Thu Dec 4 10:28:32 PST 2003

begin Nick Moffitt quotation of Thu, Dec 04, 2003 at 10:10:35AM -0800:

> 	Here's the irssi script we use to kick proprietary software
> users out of #tron.
>
> 	http://zork.net/~nick/joinkick.pl
>
> 	It's similar to the crackmonkey/linux-elitists filter, in that
> it uses the clients' own advertisement spaces as the criteria for
> kicking.

A "Linux media" forum can't apply the same standards of
client-based filtering that a forum for elitists, crack-smoking
monkeys, or fans of registered trademarks of the Walt Disney
Company can.  Some contributors use legacy OSs.

Ever since the crackmonkey list shut down, I've been getting
a shitstorm of mail that demands to be forwarded there.
So where should I send this stuff?  More important, where
should we tell people to go when they need to get trolling
and mockery out of their systems?

--
Don Marti
http://zgp.org/~dmarti                      Learn Linux and free software