[linux-elitists] Experiment in Magazine Meta-Moderation

Rick Moen rick@linuxmafia.com
Thu Dec 4 10:16:20 PST 2003

Quoting Don Marti (dmarti@zgp.org):

> Bad timing for December.  It went up just before the 1-week
> deadline for voting on a venue.  Please sign up and try for
> next month, though.

That, of course, would be Meetup, Inc.'s deadline for voting, not ours.
I've always been of the view that if you don't like the news, make some
of your own.

So, I'm thinking the Silicon Valley crowd will go ahead and have one
at Dana Roasting Company, 744 Dana Street, just off Castro, Mtn. View.,
on Wed., Dec. 10, 7 PM.  There is 802.11b wireless connectivity, but few
if any available AC power outlets, so bring a full battery charge.

The venue is about three blocks from CalTrain and VTA light rail's
Castro St., Mountain View stations.

> There are already lots of IRC channels, but if you want to
> start one for LJ or Linux media in general, I suppose I could
> finally learn IRC.

Are you sure you're 31337 enough?

--
Cheers,           find / -user your -name base -print | xargs chown us:us
Rick Moen