[linux-elitists] sarge

Rick Moen rick@linuxmafia.com
Tue Dec 2 16:12:28 PST 2003

[Sorry about breaking threading.  I deleted the original.]

Modus Operandi <modus@as220.org> wrote:

> I heard a rumor on #debian that soon -- possibly in December -- the
> sarge branch of debian would become the new stable branch.

It was obvious to all that the original Dec. 1 target date was more a
motivator than an actual target.

> Anybody here know more about this? What dealbreakers are holding sarge
> back from "stable" status?

Here's Monday's progress report from Release Manager Anthony "aj" Towns,
which appears to answer your questions:

http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel-announce/2003/debian-devel-announce-200312/msg00000.html

Meanwhile, Sarge continues to work fine (at least on IA32), regardless
of where the "stable" symlink points.  If you need installation media,
follow the Installers link on
http://linuxmafia.com/cgi-bin/index.pl/Debian , and take your pick.

--
Cheers,           "I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate
Rick Moen         those who do.  And, for the people who like country music,