[linux-elitists] SCO plays pathetic "terrorist" card

Karsten M. Self kmself@ix.netcom.com
Sun Aug 31 16:29:48 PDT 2003

on Sat, Aug 30, 2003 at 12:41:07PM -0700, Nick Moffitt (nick@zork.net) wrote:
> http://www.ditherati.net/archive/ has been playing a few gems:
>
> > Originally for 27 August 2003
> >
> > TOTAL INTIMIDATION AWARENESS
> >
> >   "Terrorists do things designed to intimidate people, and we see a
> >   lot of that going on all the time -- people trying to attack us or
> >   people that we're associated with."
> >
> > SCO Group CEO Darl McBride, who believes his company's dubious
> > intellectual-property claims against Linux make it the only one
> > which gets to attack and intimidate others, PCWorld.com, 25 August
> > 2003
>
> Of course, if you read the article (not linked to here, to decrease
> juice), it's got quotes from ESR claiming that someone "senior" in the
> "open source community" is DoSing the SCO site.  That's pretty
> pathetic, and Eric really ought to have kept his trap shut on that
> one.

Direct personal correspondence with ESR has resulted in no
substantiation of his claims.

I think it's a hoax.

Peace.

   Iomega:  click of death, Jaz Junk, and now, NAS?  Not!
     http://www.google.com/search?q=iomega+jaz+drive+failure