[linux-elitists] SCO: Scott McNealy is getting on my nerves.

Don Marti dmarti@zgp.org
Thu Aug 28 09:08:07 PDT 2003

----- Forwarded message from Don Marti <dmarti@zgp.org> -----

Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2003 09:06:32 -0700
From: Don Marti <dmarti@zgp.org>
Subject: Re: Sun Continues to Aggressively Expand Solaris(TM) Operating System x86 Reach With 100 New Third-Party Systems
To: scott.mcnealy@sun.com
Cc: (the Sun PR person listed on the release)

This is in response to the press release at:
http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/030828/sfth013_1.html

Scott, do you really think you're going to get any ink, except
another of the "Desperate Sun Scrambles for Relevance" stories that
are so common this year, out of getting into bed with SCO and its
other licensee, Microsoft, on the Linux lawsuit?

Take your goofy little back-from-the-dead Solaris x86, your vast
selection of 100 approved servers, and your thundering herd of --
ooo, I'm shaking in my boots -- 600 ISVs, and either play nice or
shut up.

I can't recommend that anyone even consider an OS platform whose
marketing position statement is, "almost as good as Linux, not
as much compatible hardware and software, but Darl McBride is
really scary!  Booga, booga!"

I'm sorry you overpaid for a Unix license when the free software
handwriting was on the wall, but we all make mistakes.  Next time
you have to kill Solaris x86 for lack of interest, I'll be happy
to help you shop for a Linux distribution whose support people will
talk to you without giggling.

KG6INA

----- End forwarded message -----