[linux-elitists] sobig.f: Microsoft Windows virus, not computer virus

M. Drew Streib dtype@dtype.org
Sat Aug 23 12:26:29 PDT 2003

On Sat, Aug 23, 2003 at 12:21:02PM -0700, Aaron Lehmann wrote:
> Looks great, but the lack of context in the regexps makes the filter
> file almost censor itself. Anyway, I'm too lazy to fix it, so it's
> good enough for me.

My thoughts exactly. :)

If someone really wants to discuss the virus in so much detail that they're
willing to place

file="document_9446_nofiltersodtypegetsthismessage.pif"

in their email, they're going to have to deal with its failed arrival. heh.
If someone wants to do some more contextual work on the filters, I'd
put that in place instead. I'll probably do it myself later as a more
permanent solution. The current filters were written in the heat of battle
with the stupid worm.

-drew

--
M. Drew Streib <dtype@dtype.org>