[linux-elitists] sobig.f: Microsoft Windows virus, not computer virus

M. Drew Streib dtype@dtype.org
Sat Aug 23 11:49:30 PDT 2003

On Sat, Aug 23, 2003 at 07:44:12PM +0100, sherringham wrote:
> But let's also remember that the prime responsibility for this is the
> person who wrote and distributed this code. The person who wrote this
> is actually above Microsoft on my 'shit list' just now.

If sobig.f were the only worm/virus, then yes.

But taken together with every other monthly thing that I get attacked
with (to no avail, but that doesn't make it ok), Microsoft has risen
higher than any single virus author on my list.

btw, my current sobig.f bitbucket count is about 45,000 on alt.org,
which comes to about 4.5GB of data transfer.

-drew

--
M. Drew Streib <dtype@dtype.org>
Independent Rambler, Software/Standards/Freedom/Law -- http://dtype.org/