[linux-elitists] sobig.f: Microsoft Windows virus, not computer virus

sherringham alastair@calliope.demon.co.uk
Sat Aug 23 11:44:12 PDT 2003

On Sat, Aug 23, 2003 at 09:31:35AM +0100, Karsten M. Self wrote:
> on Sat, Aug 23, 2003 at 04:36:46AM +0000, M. Drew Streib (dtype@dtype.org) wrote:
>
> > I'm not infected, but I'm far from isolated from the problem, and nothing
> > I can really do about it.
> >
> > Thanks Microsoft.
>
> Why don't we thank them personally?

I definitely don't want to down play Microsoft's responsibility for
these outbreaks. They have a big responsibility.

But let's also remember that the prime responsibility for this is the
person who wrote and distributed this code. The person who wrote this
is actually above Microsoft on my 'shit list' just now.

Cheers,

--
Alastair Sherringham
http://www.calliope.demon.co.uk