[linux-elitists] HTML in e-mail

Tim Hammerquist tim+linux-elitists@vegeta.ath.cx
Fri Aug 22 23:21:29 PDT 2003

Bret Martin wrote:
> I have a fairly strong instinct to try to use the right tool
> for the job at hand (as I'm sure all reading this do), and
> while I've survived for years using just plain text in e-mail
> without really feeling restricted in expression, something
> about telling people to squelch something they feel adds some
> kind of palpable richness to their communications just rubs
> that instinct the wrong way for me.

For no reason I can discern, reading that paragraph brought to
mind a certain contemporary driving style I've noticed: copious
use of the middle finger.

While I can go months without being inclined to use mine while
driving, many friends and cow orkers feel, well, that it "adds
some kind of palpable richness" to their inter-driver
communications.

Tim Hammerquist
--
My pid is Inigo Montoya.  You kill -9'd my ppid.  Prepare to vi.