[linux-elitists] sobig.f: Microsoft Windows virus, not computer virus

M. Drew Streib dtype@dtype.org
Fri Aug 22 21:36:46 PDT 2003

On Fri, Aug 22, 2003 at 09:21:00PM -0700, Karsten M. Self wrote:
> Users of other operating systems -- GNU/Linux, Macintosh, FreeBSD, BeOS,
> etc., are immune to infections from this virus (though Lord knows,
> we're getting enough crud from the rest of you out there).

As you sort of stated, my GNU/Linux mailserver is far from immune, in that
I'm currently processing and throwing away in excess of 20,000 viruses/day,
chewing approximately a quarter megabit of 24x7 bandwidth.

I'm not infected, but I'm far from isolated from the problem, and nothing
I can really do about it.

Thanks Microsoft.

-drew

--