[linux-elitists] SCO admits it has no market

Karsten M. Self kmself@ix.netcom.com
Fri Aug 22 16:35:26 PDT 2003

on Fri, Aug 22, 2003 at 12:59:05PM -0700, Nick Moffitt (nick@zork.net) wrote:
> http://www.internetwk.com/breakingNews/showArticle.jhtml?articleID=13100619
> > McBride: The Canopy Group [of Utah] is an investment company. Those
> >          are just ignorant statements about SCO's business. Hundreds
> >          of customers like and use SCO's Unix products.
>
> 	Hundreds, even!  Talk about admitting you have no market!
> We'll just shut down those MILLIONS of Linux users then!

At this point, I'd like to point out The Song agains, Pirates of
Penguinance, and ask what, if any, points we've missed:

    http://twiki.iwethey.org/Main/PiratesOfPenguinance

Market share miniscule:           Check.
Losses consecutive:               Check.
High technolo-barratry:           Check.
Tort claims unremitting:          Check.
PR quota dozens at each sitting:  Check.
Mythological history:             Check.
Evasions indeciph'rable:          Check.
quoted in the IT press, first one and then another way:  Check.
Not so good with copyrights:      Check.
freaky hippie GPL, you'd think we'd never heard of it:  Check.
all that code we say they took? The Stevens book's got every bit: Check.

<sigh>

Peace.

   Integrity, we've heard of it:  http://www.theregister.co.uk/