[linux-elitists] SCO admits it has no market

Don Marti dmarti@zgp.org
Fri Aug 22 13:42:03 PDT 2003

begin Nick Moffitt quotation of Fri, Aug 22, 2003 at 12:59:05PM -0700:

> http://www.internetwk.com/breakingNews/showArticle.jhtml?articleID=13100619
> > McBride: The Canopy Group [of Utah] is an investment company. Those
> >          are just ignorant statements about SCO's business. Hundreds
> >          of customers like and use SCO's Unix products.
>
> 	Hundreds, even!  Talk about admitting you have no market!
> We'll just shut down those MILLIONS of Linux users then!

The funniest McBride statement so far has been the "we're relevant,
we put out more press releases than last year" thing.  Exactly _one_
SCO press release in all of 2003 was a customer win, and it was a
.uk military contract -- think long, public-sector sales cycles --
almost certainly the result of last year's selling.  That's flatline.

KG6INA