[linux-elitists] We've seen SCO's evidence

Don Marti dmarti@zgp.org
Fri Aug 22 12:35:27 PDT 2003

begin Jonathan Corbet quotation of Thu, Aug 21, 2003 at 08:04:20AM -0600:

> They really *don't* have massive piles of code that they will even try to
> claim were directly copied.

I wouldn't rule that out just yet.  Why?  Because they're going
out on a limb and reinterpreting (OK, basically repudiating) the
Broderick license.

"I do not dispute that this letter was distributed and that Caldera
at the time allowed 16-bit, non-UNIX System V code to be contributed
to Linux for non-commercial use."  -- Blake Stowell

http://linuxjournal.com/article.php?sid=7089

If I had to guess, I'd say that means they have something else
that's covered by the Broderick letter, and they plan to use it.

KG6INA