[linux-elitists] Resolved (was Re: Fetchmail message dump parsing (was ...))

Karsten M. Self kmself@ix.netcom.com
Fri Aug 22 05:20:50 PDT 2003

on Fri, Aug 22, 2003 at 10:42:31AM +0100, Karsten M. Self (kmself@ix.netcom.com) wrote:
> on Fri, Aug 22, 2003 at 12:10:03AM -0700, Nick Moffitt (nick@zork.net) wrote:
> > begin  Karsten M. Self  quotation:
> > > Well, then there's l'il ole' me, who's got a 34MB fetchmail dump
> > > (rule change bit my ass) that I need to crawl through.
> >
> > 	Let me guess.  Eric S. Raymond changed an option to have the
> > completely opposite meaning from what it had in the previous version,
> > just like he did with bogofilter.  What a paragon of The Unix Way he
> > seems to be!
>
> No, Y.T. didn't think through what he was doing dumping fetchmail on
> procmail under the wrong userid.  Not as bad as a snowcrash, but a mess
> all the same.
>
> Anyway, if anyone wants to help me retrieve 968 SOBIG.F messages, the
> file is described here:
>
>     http://lists.debian.org/debian-user/2003/debian-user-200308/msg03891.html

Resolved.

    s/^Status:  U/From foo@bar Fri Aug 22 13:19:55 BST 2003/

...globally through the file works.  Then open in mutt and filter
manually.

Peace.

  Backgrounder on the Caldera/SCO vs. IBM and Linux dispute.
      http://sco.iwethey.org/