[linux-elitists] Stupid mail system (was: HTML in e-mail)

Andrew akohlsmith-le@benshaw.com
Fri Aug 22 04:42:17 PDT 2003

> Tell me about it. At my personal account I got 204MB of the virus
> *IN THE PAST 24 HOURS*. That's 2000 copies. And about as much before
> today. I've been getting hundreds of bounces a day, too.

> Has anyone been hit this hard? I'm very upset about it, and mostly how

I've been hit about the same -- RAV AntiVirus is squashing it dead and fast,
but still it's a huge waste of bandwidth and CPU power.  Too bad they were
bought out my MS and the non-MS products will no longer be supported.  What
are the other elitists doing for mail virus scanning from within qmail?
I'm not interested in anything that listens on port 25 and passes the
message to qmail, since I have a fairly heavily patched qmail to deal with
a host of other problems and features.

Free AV scanners need not apply; I prefer to have timely updates and not
have to switch vendors in a year since they had a braindead business model.

Regards,
Andrew