[linux-elitists] HTML in e-mail

Andrew akohlsmith-le@benshaw.com
Fri Aug 22 04:35:44 PDT 2003

> People who use e-mail as a file transfer system.

Amen.  I've explained the concept to countless managers and even a couple of
CEOs when said managers went whining to the top because their huge emails
were being rejected, causing "massive customer dissatisfaction."

My personal favourite from years back was the digital cameras which saved in
TIFF format.  People would send dozens of those in a single email without
so much as a sniff of Zip.

I set up a WebDAV site with simple auth and most of these problems went
away.  Now, of course, the problem is that IE gets confused when it's
presented with a DAV site and it's not sure what to use: standard HTTP or
DAV. <grumble>

Regards,
Andrew