Fetchmail message dump parsing (was Re: [linux-elitists] HTML in e-mail)

Karsten M. Self kmself@ix.netcom.com
Fri Aug 22 02:42:31 PDT 2003

on Fri, Aug 22, 2003 at 12:10:03AM -0700, Nick Moffitt (nick@zork.net) wrote:
> begin  Karsten M. Self  quotation:
> > Well, then there's l'il ole' me, who's got a 34MB fetchmail dump
> > (rule change bit my ass) that I need to crawl through.
>
> 	Let me guess.  Eric S. Raymond changed an option to have the
> completely opposite meaning from what it had in the previous version,
> just like he did with bogofilter.  What a paragon of The Unix Way he
> seems to be!

No, Y.T. didn't think through what he was doing dumping fetchmail on
procmail under the wrong userid.  Not as bad as a snowcrash, but a mess
all the same.

Anyway, if anyone wants to help me retrieve 968 SOBIG.F messages, the
file is described here:

    http://lists.debian.org/debian-user/2003/debian-user-200308/msg03891.html

The Hiro Protragonist of this story would be most grateful, in this
diamond age..

Peace.

    "The ships hung in the sky in much the same way that bricks don't"
    -- HHGTG