[linux-elitists] HTML in e-mail

Nick Moffitt nick@zork.net
Fri Aug 22 00:23:50 PDT 2003

begin  M. Drew Streib  quotation:
> I'm pretty sure the restriction is almost always at the MDA. I've
> allowed some stupid-large number at alt.org for some time, but only
> for the "be liberal in what you accept" general policy.
>
> I think that I haven't seen use of >a few MB recently at all.

Long ago, I had someone DoS my machine by sending an enormous mail.
Sendmail kept starting up more and more procmails to read it in and
work on delivery, so it'd bring my box down every time I managed to
get it rebooted.  Took me a while to figure it out, boot without
sendmail running, and clean out the queue.

This would have been late 1996 or early 1997, so "large" was like
300MB.

--
Support your droogs!

end