[linux-elitists] HTML in e-mail

M. Drew Streib dtype@dtype.org
Fri Aug 22 00:19:39 PDT 2003

On Fri, Aug 22, 2003 at 12:14:50AM -0700, Nick Moffitt wrote:
> 	I don't know of anyone who accepts individual e-mails over
> 3MB, whether that's at the MTA level or MDA.

I'm pretty sure the restriction is almost always at the MDA. I've
allowed some stupid-large number at alt.org for some time, but only
for the "be liberal in what you accept" general policy.

I think that I haven't seen use of >a few MB recently at all.

fwiw, I think that one reason many people send large attachments
is the lack of some other facility to publish large files. Many
folks don't have access to an http server, ftp server, etc...

I think I must take for granted the fact that I can just chuck
something up on a web server and hand out a url, but that is certainly
not the normal case.

-drew

--
M. Drew Streib <dtype@dtype.org>