[linux-elitists] HTML in e-mail

Ron Guerin ron@vnetworx.net
Thu Aug 21 23:50:21 PDT 2003

On Fri, 2003-08-22 at 02:17, Joakim Ziegler wrote:
> I do appreciate the possibility of embedding images in HTML, ...

That's the only reason I ever send one.  Although that leads me to the
single worst abuse of e-mail, having little to do with HTML.

People who use e-mail as a file transfer system.

I'm really getting tired of explaining to people that their 20MB e-mails
are bouncing because sanely operated servers refuse such abominations.

Best of all: The time someone e-mailed me a 650MB ISO image.  He called
to complain he'd e-mailed me an hour ago and it was still going out and
something therefore was wrong with the server.

- Ron