[linux-elitists] HTML in e-mail

Ron Guerin ron@vnetworx.net
Thu Aug 21 19:07:56 PDT 2003

On Thu, 2003-08-21 at 13:27, Joakim Ziegler wrote:

> Even then, people have 56k modems. They get an effective download speed
> of 5-6kB per second (actually, probably more, since they have
> compression).

That may be true in the lab, but it's not out in the field.  There's
more than a small number of people who get around 3kb/sec out of their
56k modems, and that's here in the US. Broadband still hasn't swept
across vast reaches of the country either. This is very much a real
issue for a lot of people.

I'd agree there are some cases where HTML e-mail is useful, I probably
send three or four such messages a year.

- Ron